Thursday, July 2, 2009

Christ Church (aka Hogwarts Castle)

Today we were in Oxford, home to the great university and also Christ Church, which was a model and partial setting for Hogwarts Castle. The Great Hall/dining room; a few staircases, and the courtyard areas can be seen here at the Cathedral grounds (this was very cool).
Here we are in the staircase leading up to the dining hall.  (the 2 girls with me are Joanna and Stephanie, both from Florida;)








The dining hall.








This is a small courtyard that looks familiar.











This is a picture of the outside of the church, grounds, and gardens. 






My pictures to not do it justice, but thanks for looking ;)
Tomorrow I'll write about our trip to C. S. Lewis' house...  good night

1 comment:

  1. OMG you're at Hogwarts!! Love the whole Harry Potter thing. I'm in the throes of reading book #6 in anticipation of the movie's opening in a fortnight (see I can speak British!) I am amazed at the weather. I have been watching Wimbledon daily and you can't imagine how fortunate you are to be having such gorgeous (albeit hot) weather--but who's complaining? No complaining--take the heat. It's much better than rain. Enough of that I don't want to jinx you guys. Nate is a hoot! Everyone's blogs are so informative and fun. Keep having fun.

    ReplyDelete