Thursday, July 9, 2009

King's Cross Station, the British Library, the Eurostar, and the Eiffel Tower

Hello from Paris!
Well we have arrived, the Eurostar was very pleasant and I managed (via taxi and friends-luckily we are all insane packers - way way too much stuff) to get my luggage both from and to the hotels; the next time I take it out will be to go to the airport to fly home...



This morning we went to King's Cross Station and of course tried to get onto the infamous Platform 9 3/4 but to no avail as we are but mere Muggles...



Then on to the British Library; very very cool.  They have almost a museum type collection of original works to look at (under glass of course) and some very very old books!  The libraries in the UK function a little bit differently then those in the US, as we learned in Oxford, but still they are there to bring information to the masses (and maybe a cup of tea while you are waiting)!!!





On the way back to the flats to gather my things I stopped and bought a piece of luggage; and I absolutely am in LOVE with it!!!  This will be my new weekender bag and I got it in London!!!  Look how huge it is?!?!?!  And yes, I did need it!
Off to the Eiffel Tower; see you later.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you arrived safely. Can't wait to see the luggage!

    ReplyDelete