Saturday, July 4, 2009

More Pride & Prejudice Sculptures













Today we went to the Victoria & Albert Museum; it was wonderful!  There is way too much to go into detail, but my favorite room was the sculpture room (and my second fav was the fashion exhibit).  There is so much to see (over 7 miles of exhibits; what is it with the brits measuring collections in miles?) and much much too little time :-) I really could spend a week there...
This sculpture by Dale Chihuly was hanging in the main hall; he is from Seattle.
Then we had lunch at their cafe (amazing and so good); it was tasty and relaxing and beautiful!  There is a pianist who plays in the dinning room - so wonderful; we even took pictures in the bathroom b/c the tiling was so pretty.

To tired to blog about the tower tonight; tomorrow I am going to church at St. Paul's Cathedral!!!  WOW!  There will be a full orchestra!!!
PS. Thanks to Lisa for recommending V&A!

2 comments:

  1. I think the craziest part of them measuring exhibits in miles is that they measure everything else by kilometers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chihuly. There was a huge exhibit at the Museum of Art in St. Petersburg and now I think they are planning a permanent gallery for him there. We'll see. Thanks for the photos! You do a great job -- Jeannie

    ReplyDelete